Monday, August 24, 2009

Maya Santangelo


Name: Maya Santangelo

Gender: Female

Height: 5 foot 2 ish

How old are you: 17

Where are you from: Avalon, Northern Beaches, NSW

School/job: Year 12 Oxford Falls Grammar School

When and where did you first start climbing: Properly about 2½ years ago at the Rockhouse

Favourite Climbing Gym: The Pitch!

Hours Training per week: About 8-10 hours including core training etc

Favourite Climbing area: Castle Hill, NZ

Best climb you have done: Scary boulder problems in Castle Hill

Best Competition result: 4th place 2008 Oceania

Why do you climb: I love the challenge and the people and because there’s nothing else like it

Favourite moment in climbing: Probably the 2008 Oceania finals route, I didn’t finish it but I really surprised myself with how I did and how much I put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment